Estuary League of Friends is a local community charity serving the town of Topsham and the surrounding villages. Our registered charity number is 1088242.
Estuary League of Friends is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not share your data with other organisations and never engage in direct marketing.
What information do we collect?
When you contact us, we collect: your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, next of kin emergency contact number and name of your doctor. If you want to use our community car service, we will ask about mobility issues. We may also note other health-related data, if you think it is relevant and choose to tell us about it.
How is the information used?
We only use your data to:
• provide a service that you may have requested from us
• process a donation that you may have made to us
• send you communications that you may have requested from us
• administer volunteer arrangements if you volunteer with us.
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil statutory obligations but will only hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the services that you have requested from us. We review our retention periods for personal information on an annual basis.
Who has access to your information?
We will never share or sell your information to third parties.
We take looking after your information very seriously. We've implemented appropriate measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line.
Unfortunately the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site.
• You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing
• If you have given us your consent to use personal information you can withdraw your consent at any time
• You can ask us to delete your personal information, where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, at any time.
For more information, please contact: Rachel Gilpin
Chief Executive Officer, Estuary League of Friends, Nancy Potter House, Nelson Close, Topsham, EX3 0DX or Tel 01392 879009
This policy was updated in Feb 2022